It is be easy to get caught up in building your spiritual resume. But you will not have true spiritual fruit
until you are able to tear up your spiritual resume and place it at the foot of the cross.
1- Read Philippians 3:1-11. What sticks out to you from this text or from Sunday’s sermon?
2- In what ways is pursuing a spiritual resume OK? In what ways does your pursuit of your spiritual resume negatively affect you? How have you seen Christians really miss it in their pursuit of their “spiritual resume?” How has this pursuit affected others around them and their view of God?
3- Stew meantioned... “Any measure of spiritual success that does not result in humility is a false measure.” Discuss.
4- Have you ever regretted following someone with a lot of zeal (and little wisdom)? Are you the type of person that is zealous for certain things? Have you ever look back on some of your zealous pursuits with regret? Explain and share. What are the strengths and weaknesses of zeal? How can we ensure we are zealous for the right things?
5. Discuss and reflect on the closing questions from the sermon...
● Does your service to God ever replace your simple knowing Him?
● Does your Biblical literacy replaces our knowing Him?
● Do you repel the types of sinners who were attracted to Jesus?
● Does your time with God/ Bible study produce humility?
● Does your time with God/ Bible study produce spiritual fruit?
● Do you see the true power of God in your life and in your fight with sin?
Sign up for the Encounter Buzz newsletter and get weekly updates on what's happening at Encounter.